If you’re running Heap for React Native SDK version 0.19.0 and above, you can define React Native events via the Event Visualizer.
All notable changes to the Heap library will be documented in this file. For steps to install Heap on React Native, see React Native Installation.
- Added tests for sending bad data to the native bridge
- Changed track bridge to warn instead of throw an exception when bad data is sent.
- Upgraded iOS sdk from 8.2 to 9.0
getSessionId()method for fetching the current Heap Session ID from the underlying native SDK.
- Added Expo config plugin to support Android in managed workflows.
- Upgraded the Android library to use Heap version 1.10.+.
- Fixed type definition for
withReactNavigationAutotrackon React Navigation 6.
- Added support for Event Visualizer on iOS, with a pairing option in the React Native developer menu.
- Added iOS-only option to enable Heap SDK debug logging in the iOS console, enabled by default on dev builds.
- Disabled tracking of view controllers on iOS when
Heap.setAppIdon iOS to turn off native touch capture on iOS.
Heap.setAppIdon iOS to enable logging on debug builds.
- Fixed iOS build in folders with spaces.
- Fixed minSdkVersion build error on React Native 0.64+.
- Hotfix for misconfigured iOS event uploads.
- iOS now consumes the Heap sdk via CocoaPods, linking to versions 8.0.0 and above, but not 9.0.0.
- Upgraded the Android library to use 1.9.+.
- Linked heap-ios-sdk now supports development on M1 Macs.
- Fixed performance issue on iOS where Heap would scan the native view hierarchy despite native touch autocapture being disabled.
- Improved TypeScript definitions.
- Fixed a path issue in the podspec.
- Support for manually linking Heap on iOS.
- Support for versions below React Native v0.63.
- Fixed sporadic Babel instrumentation (
Cannot read property 'end' of null) issues.
- Added support for React 17.
- Added support for Pressable components (introduced in React Native v0.63) via HOC instrumentation.
- Upgraded the native Heap iOS (7.5.0) and Android (1.9.1) libraries.
- Added 'enableNativeTouchEventCapture' config option that controls whether the native iOS SDK captures touch-like events.
- Upgraded the native Heap iOS SDK dependency to 7.2.0.
- Fixed bug that broke ref-forwarding on TextInput components on React Native v0.62+.
- Added support for Touchable components in React Native v0.62+ via HOC instrumentation.
- Added support for TextInput components in React Native v0.62+ via HOC instrumentation.
- Added support for React Navigation 5.
- Upgraded the native Heap iOS SDK dependency to 6.8.1. This fixes an issue in which Install/Upgrade events would not fire for some installations
- Improved support for
HeapIgnoreand its convenience components in minified apps.
- Updated index.d.ts typings to include
HeapIgnoreand related components.
- Upgraded the native Android Heap SDK to v1.6.0.
- Upgraded Heap iOS SDK dependency to 6.7.0.
index.d.tstypings to include
getUserId()method for fetching the current Heap User ID from the underlying native SDK.
- Fixed bug where app would crash when
Heap.track()was called if React Navigation autocapture wasn't set up.
- Stripped additional special characters from props and component names to prevent hierarchy matching/parsing breakages.
- Upgraded Heap iOS SDK dependency to 6.5.3 to pick up bug fixes since version 6.5.0.
- Fixed bugs to ensure Heap won't crash when capturing props with circular references or React JSX elements.
- Updated the way events are sent to the Heap backend to allow for first-class support of React Native as a library. See the legacy event upgrade guide for details.
- Upgraded the native Android Heap SDK to v1.3.0.
- Upgraded vendored iOS Heap library to 6.5.1.
- Updated higher-order components to use display name conventions (described here).
- Fixed React Navigation autocapture when manual screen tracking is also used.
- Autocapture of changes to React Native TextInput components.
- Fixed a bug where the iOS build would fail in an obscure way when the prod or dev field was missing from heap.config.json.
- Upgraded vendored iOS Heap library to 6.2.1, which fixed an issue where user IDs were not being reused across sessions in some cases.
- Now using proper ref forwarding for HeapIgnore HOC.
resetIdentitymethod for resetting an identified user to an anonymous user.
- Updated sessionization semantics; sessions now expire after 5 idle minutes, regardless of the app's background/foreground state.
- Fixed bug on RN 0.60.4 in which
ScrollViewinstrumentation breaks the component.
- React Navigation screen name + route path properties on autocaptured events.
- Fixed bug where iOS settings script might fail when the dev is using rvm or rbenv to manage Ruby versions.
- Fixed bug where re-rendered React Navigation containers wrapped with the React Navigation HOC would cause a "Cannot read property 'nav' of null" error.
- Autocapture of paging events on React Native ScrollView components with pagingEnabled.
- Added automatic property capture for NativeBase and React Native Elements component libraries.
- Ref-forwarding on the React Navigation HOC
- Auto-initialization of Heap for both iOS and Android apps.
- Prevent Heap library errors from crashing the client app.
- Passthrough props on React Navigation autocapture HOC.
- Autotrack for React Native and NativeBase Switch components.
- Android: Use the parent project's version information if available.
- Use the Navigate/INITIAL identifier for the initial React Navigation action.
- Capture the key property for list items that have it set.
- Got Android+Detox tests working after breaking changes in a prior Detox upgrade.
- Debug logging at startup to warn if the SDK has not been properly installed. or if the app is not instrumented successfully.
- Autotrack for React Navigation.
- Capturing testID for every component.
- (iOS) Cocoapods configuration so that dynamic frameworks can be built alongside Heap.
- Autotrack for Touchable events.
- Configurable property capture for React hierarchy.
- addUserProperties and addEventProperties would fail due to a missing require.
- Implemented a TypeScript build so that everything we ship is vanilla JS. This enables compatibility with some older versions of React Native (tested back to 0.54).
- The handling of cases of a missing or null properties object passed to Heap.track.
- Property capture configuration for functional components.
- Target text capture for functional components.
- Vendored native iOS libHeap.a library for manual installation.
- Typescript bindings for manual tracking API.
- Ability to manually track events from React Native code.
- Ability to use Heap's identity APIs from React Native code.
- Instructions for install and use.
Updated 6 days ago