If you’re running React Native SDK version 0.9.0 and above, you can define React Native events via the Android Event Visualizer.
- Added support for React 17.
- Added support for Pressable components (introduced in React Native v0.63) via HOC instrumentation.
- Upgraded the native Heap iOS (7.5.0) and Android (1.9.1) libraries.
- Added 'enableNativeTouchEventCapture' config option that controls whether the native iOS SDK captures touch-like events.
- Upgraded the native Heap iOS SDK dependency to 7.2.0.
- Fixed bug that broke ref-forwarding on TextInput components on React Native v0.62+.
- Added support for Touchable components in React Native v0.62+ via HOC instrumentation.
- Added support for TextInput components in React Native v0.62+ via HOC instrumentation.
- Added support for React Navigation 5.
- Upgraded the native Heap iOS SDK dependency to 6.8.1. This fixes an issue in which Install/Upgrade events would not fire for some installations
- Improved support for
HeapIgnoreand its convenience components in minified apps.
- Updated index.d.ts typings to include
HeapIgnoreand related components.
- Upgraded the native Android Heap SDK to v1.6.0.
- Upgraded Heap iOS SDK dependency to 6.7.0.
index.d.tstypings to include
getUserId()method for fetching the current Heap User ID from the underlying native SDK.
- Fixed bug where app would crash when
Heap.track()was called if React Navigation autocapture wasn't set up.
- Stripped additional special characters from props and component names to prevent hierarchy matching/parsing breakages.
- Upgraded Heap iOS SDK dependency to 6.5.3 to pick up bug fixes since version 6.5.0.
- Fixed bugs to ensure Heap won't crash when capturing props with circular references or React JSX elements.
- Updated the way events are sent to the Heap backend to allow for first-class support of React Native as a library. See the legacy event upgrade guide for details.
- Upgraded the native Android Heap SDK to v1.3.0.
- Upgraded vendored iOS Heap library to 6.5.1.
- Updated higher-order components to use display name conventions (described here).
- Fixed React Navigation autocapture when manual screen tracking is also used.
- Autocapture of changes to React Native TextInput components.
- Fixed a bug where the iOS build would fail in an obscure way when the prod or dev field was missing from heap.config.json.
- Upgraded vendored iOS Heap library to 6.2.1, which fixed an issue where user IDs were not being reused across sessions in some cases.
- Now using proper ref forwarding for HeapIgnore HOC.
resetIdentitymethod for resetting an identified user to an anonymous user.
- Updated sessionization semantics; sessions now expire after 5 idle minutes, regardless of the app's background/foreground state.
- Fixed bug on RN 0.60.4 in which
ScrollViewinstrumentation breaks the component.
- React Navigation screen name + route path properties on autocaptured events.
- Fixed bug where iOS settings script might fail when the dev is using rvm or rbenv to manage Ruby versions.
- Fixed bug where re-rendered React Navigation containers wrapped with the React Navigation HOC would cause a "Cannot read property 'nav' of null" error.
- Autocapture of paging events on React Native ScrollView components with pagingEnabled.
- Added automatic property capture for NativeBase and React Native Elements component libraries.
- Ref-forwarding on the React Navigation HOC
- Auto-initialization of Heap for both iOS and Android apps.
- Prevent Heap library errors from crashing the client app.
- Passthrough props on React Navigation autocapture HOC.
- Autotrack for React Native and NativeBase Switch components.
- Android: Use the parent project's version information if available.
- Use the Navigate/INITIAL identifier for the initial React Navigation action.
- Capture the key property for list items that have it set.
- Got Android+Detox tests working after breaking changes in a prior Detox upgrade.
- Debug logging at startup to warn if the SDK has not been properly installed. or if the app is not instrumented successfully.
- Autotrack for React Navigation.
- Capturing testID for every component.
- (iOS) Cocoapods configuration so that dynamic frameworks can be built alongside Heap.
- Autotrack for Touchable events.
- Configurable property capture for React hierarchy.
- addUserProperties and addEventProperties would fail due to a missing require.
- Implemented a TypeScript build so that everything we ship is vanilla JS. This enables compatibility with some older versions of React Native (tested back to 0.54).
- The handling of cases of a missing or null properties object passed to Heap.track.
- Property capture configuration for functional components.
- Target text capture for functional components.
- Vendored native iOS libHeap.a library for manual installation.
- Typescript bindings for manual tracking API.
- Ability to manually track events from React Native code.
- Ability to use Heap's identity APIs from React Native code.
- Instructions for install and use.
Updated 3 months ago